Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Cat Forever

Re: Steph update

Post by Cat Forever » Fri May 12, 2023 8:25 am

Bad news.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warri ... rib-injury

If he can play effectively the Warriors have a good shot at getting to Game 7. Without him Steph and Klay will have to have outstanding games, someone else will have to step up, and the rest of the team will have to play well too.

Another chance for Steph to add to his legendary career.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri May 12, 2023 9:01 am

Lakers may also be a man down if Davis' head injury hasn't resolved...?

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Fri May 12, 2023 9:20 am

MrMac wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 9:01 am
Lakers may also be a man down if Davis' head injury hasn't resolved...?
Davis is a probable for Game 6.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newslett ... rts-report
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Fri May 12, 2023 12:58 pm

Cat Forever wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:25 am
Bad news.

If he can play effectively the Warriors have a good shot at getting to Game 7. Without him Steph and Klay will have to have outstanding games, someone else will have to step up, and the rest of the team will have to play well too.

I've had that. Quite painful.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Fri May 12, 2023 2:53 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:58 pm
Cat Forever wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:25 am
Bad news.

I've had that. Quite painful.
Fly fishing injury?
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Fri May 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Wiggins "hopeful"

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/376 ... lay-game-6

If Wiggs even makes an attempt to play he will boost team morale and help them à la Willis Reed ...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1657101548663758849
Last edited by Cat Forever on Fri May 12, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Fri May 12, 2023 4:28 pm

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri May 12, 2023 10:20 pm

Davis and Wiggins both in.

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Sat May 13, 2023 9:20 pm

Would have preferred to lose to anybody but the Lakers or whichever team Lebron is playing for. That sucked.

Go Nuggets.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun May 14, 2023 8:07 am

+1 😬

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun May 14, 2023 8:17 am

Before I watched that game, I rewatched the second half of the Wisconsin game, so I saw Steph and LeBron another time that night.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sun May 14, 2023 11:10 am

Kerr's comments after the game were accurate; the Warriors this year were not a championship team. Their inability to win on the road and the greatly diminished level of play when Steph was not on the floor were good indicators. The Lakers, with their size and physicality, were always going to be a tough matchup. It didn't help that Looney and Wiggins had physical issues.

It was disappointing to see Draymond doing the same old stupid stuff in game 6.

This team might look a lot different next year. For sure, Moody and Kuminga deserve a chance to show what they can do with more minutes. It sure would be nice to have a more reliable option at point for the second unit. What about replacing Draymond with a big who could both defend and score reliably?

Steph did everything he could do and is still playing at a very high level. Klay's odometer is getting up there--he just doesn't seem as reliable night-to-night as he has been in the past. The injuries and time have taken a toll on his mobility.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:48 pm

Klay let Steph down.

Period.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue May 16, 2023 5:33 pm

Wildcat92 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:48 pm
Klay let Steph down.

Period.
I concur.

Too many injuries, age, out of shape? All of the above? I don't know. I do know he started the season poorly and ended it poorly. I do know he was slow to all loose balls and all long rebounds in the playoffs. Lack of hustle or poorly conditioned? We read often about Steph's intense conditioning program year round. I've never heard any similar stories about Klay. He's an extremely likable person and I'm still a fan. But I hope he comes to grips with the fact that he needs to work harder if he ever wants to be an All Star or champion again.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue May 16, 2023 6:19 pm

It looks like Klay and Draymond will probably be back next season:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... ikely-exit

FTA
NBA insider Marc Stein reported it's been "consistently insisted" Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green will remain with the Warriors next season, while president of basketball operations Bob Myers is the "most likely prominent Warrior to depart."
I hope the Warriors trade Poole ... hopefully for a big who can defend, score a little, and rebound. Or use the draft for a big who's NBA ready like Tshiebwe from Kentucky. Move Moody into the rotation. BTW, Moody finished the playoffs shooting 53/59/92% and totaled 161 minutes, the equivalent of 5 intense high level games @ 32 min/game. Not a bad sample size so the stats are significant. DO NOT LET KUMINGA GO! He will be a star.

What I hope for most is that Steph wins another championship. If Kerr and the front office remain too married to the past (Draymond and Klay) it could interfere with that happening.