Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
MrMac

Re: Steph update

Post by MrMac » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:09 am

That young man oozes confidence and class.

Rudy2011

Post by Rudy2011 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:00 pm

Cat Forever wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:49 am
Today's game against the Blazers is BIG. If the Warriors play well and limit turnovers they will win. Play poorly and they can lose.

Stats that may surprise you:

The Warriors are leading the NBA in 3 pt makes this year for the first time in the Curry era. All players in the regular rotation are shooting 35% or better except for Draymond at 30% and Poole at 33%. Steph, Klay, and GP II are shooting 40% plus and DiVincenzo and Wiggins round up to 40%. I'm not worried about Poole's shooting in the playoffs ... only worried about his turnovers and defense. Looney has not missed a 3 pt shot this season*.

The Warriors are leading the NBA in assists for the first time in the Curry era. Making shots helps with that stat.

*Nor has he taken one.
Draymond shooting 30% from deep May be the most surprising stat of them all
Carthago delenda est

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:01 pm

It took the Warriors almost 8 1/2 minutes to score 41 points. A win looks pretty safe. The betting line favored them by 17.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:08 pm

Pretty good start today. Warriors 55 - 27. That's an NBA record for points in the 1st quarter. Prior record was 51 also held by the Warriors. 12 made 3s ties NBA record for a quarter. Klay 5, Poole 4, Steph 2, Moody 1.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:57 pm

Holy Cow! 157-101 final. That's a 56 point differential. The stats are astounding. Steph hit 5-10 from deep, and brought the Warriors' percentage down! Warriors hit 27 of 49 (55%) from three, had 47 assists, and outrebounded the Blazers 58 to 30. Steph with 26, Moses Moody 25, Jordan Poole 21, Klay 20, Kuminga 15. The Warriors secured the #6 seed, avoided the play-in, and will start against #3 Sacramento.

Spectacular dunk by Kuminga. https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video ... ers-game-0
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:50 am

Moses Moody has emerged over the last few weeks as a consistently very good player. He plays good D with his 7'1" wingspan and quickness at 6'5". He has what the Warriors need to play better perimeter defense. I doubt he plays much in the playoffs with the return of Wiggins. He's only 20 years old as is Kuminga. He's going to be a star in the NBA in the next few years ... maybe even in the next year or two. The Warriors know what they have and have refused to trade Moses. His presence will probably keep them from offering DiVincenzo a long term contract. He is mature beyond his age and very intelligent. Steph says he's one of the hardest workers on the team. The scouts who recommended drafting him did a great job.

Now if the Warriors can draft a strong 6'9 rebounder and defender they will be set for years through the end of Steph's career ... Oscar Tshiebwe will be available in the 2nd round if he leaves Kentucky. He's big, strong, and ready to play now. Perfect backup for Looney. The NBA scouts don't like him because he can't score outside 15 feet (sounds like Looney who is one of the Warriors' best players). Nevermind he's the best rebounder available and a good defender. Current NBA scouts probably would pass on the next Dennis Rodman for the same reasons.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:56 am

I think I'm glad the Clippers won and pushed the W's down to 6. I don't know if I'd rather face Sacramento or Phoenix (Kevin Durant!), but this means they avoid Denver till the conference finals.

Also, here's hoping Memphis-Lakers (assuming they get by Minnesota) goes 7 and features plenty of technical fouls and OTs.

Also also, Lebron pretending to crown himself after hitting a 3 was the cringiest thing I've seen in a while. Congrats, King Seed VII, you made the play-in. :roll:

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:14 am

nalotze wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:56 am
Lebron pretending to crown himself after hitting a 3 was the cringiest thing I've seen in a while. Congrats, King Seed VII, you made the play-in. :roll:
One of the talking heads pointed out last night that a play-in team has never won a series, much less a division or NBA title.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:22 pm

The stage is set! Trailing 0-2 and heading home, the Splash Brothers with help from Wiggs et al. are ready to confirm beyond any doubt their greatness with a come from behind win in this series over the still uncrowned Kings and advance toward another title. I'm hoping Draymond will stay out of the way ... and just play without making turnovers and flagrant fouls.

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:47 am

Cat Forever wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:22 pm
The stage is set! Trailing 0-2 and heading home, the Splash Brothers with help from Wiggs et al. are ready to confirm beyond any doubt their greatness with a come from behind win in this series over the still uncrowned Kings and advance toward another title. I'm hoping Draymond will stay out of the way ... and just play without making turnovers and flagrant fouls.
Staying out of the way for Game 3.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am

The most important ability is availability. Draymond has thrown his away. Again.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 am

Draymond's acts are getting old. He needs to move on after this season.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:58 am

Transformational player. Emotional toddler.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:44 pm

Mealy-mouthed response from both Kerr and Myers. Send his ass home for the remainder of the series (which will probably be two games). Get rid of him in the off-season. Steph has only a few more years. Can't put up with this BS.

I'd rather watch the Warriors win fewer games without him. He'll never learn and he doesn't need to be accommodated any longer.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:29 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:58 am
Transformational player. Emotional toddler.
Spot-on summary.