Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Cat Forever

Re: Steph update

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:23 pm

Kuminga with his mom and dad. He was showing out for them last night!

The Warriors need to book them a luxury condo in the Bay area for a few weeks.

Think his dad might be 6'10" or so? The Warriors need size ... sign him to a 10 day contract!

https://twitter.com/warriors/status/163 ... 09/photo/1
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:53 pm

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 pm

Warriors are hard to watch tonight. Throwing the ball around like a live grenade. Ain't happening this year.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 am

The Warriors outscored the Pelicans 74-46 in the 2nd half to win 120-109.

They're in 6th place again.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:29 am

They can thank Dr. Bliss for that win. I'm sure Steph read the board at halftime.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:12 am

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:29 am
They can thank Dr. Bliss for that win. I'm sure Steph read the board at halftime.
No worries, we all know you are a fair weather fan.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:47 am

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:16 am

March was the best month of Kuminga's career:

24.7 mpg 14.2 ppg 4.5 rpg 1.8 AST pg 1.0 STL pg 0.5 BLK pg 1.2 TO pg

Shooting % : 59.5 FG/44.1 3 Pt/61.3 FT

He's not playing well enough to replace the loss of Wiggins but well enough to lessen the loss.

Word is that Wiggins has just returned to the Bay Area. No word yet on returning to the Warriors ...
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:11 pm

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Wiggins’s arms look less muscular.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:29 am

I watch all of the Warriors games ... except for falling asleep during late night games a few times. I believe I have figured out the mysterious poor defense by the Warriors on the road. For years the excellence of Warriors defense has been anchored by Draymond. If Steph, Klay, or other Warriors got beat on the periphery Draymond was always quick to close to cover on defense. It happened with enough consistency to win championships. Last year the emergence of Looney as a top rate defensive big and the addition of Wiggins helped Draymond continue leading the backline defense and win another championship. This year? Draymond has continued to slow a step or so. He still plays good defense but too often when the Warriors get beat on the outside it leads to easy baskets at the rim ... especially when Looney is not in the game. To compensate Kerr has weak side defenders sag into the lane or close to the lane moreso than in prior years. And outside defenders don't play as close to their man now because they have less confidence in backline coverage when they get beat. These changes have led to too many wide open 3 point shots for opponents. Why do they defend better at home? The delirious fans jack up all the Warriors to a better level of play including Draymond who still has enough left in the tank to bring it like the Draymond of old on some nights.

My hope is that the playoff atmosphere has the same effect on the Warriors at home and on the road as the home crowd has had in the regular season. The Warriors GM and owners had a chance to bolster the backline defense during the buyout phase following the trade deadline. They chose not to do so. I fear that may cost them. Going forward ... I hope they don't give Draymond a long term contract. He is slowing like most NBA players of his age. Go for a one or two year contract. And try to find a defensive big to help Draymond and Looney strengthen the backline defense and help Steph win a couple more championships before he retires.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:03 am

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:49 am

Today's game against the Blazers is BIG. If the Warriors play well and limit turnovers they will win. Play poorly and they can lose.

Stats that may surprise you:

The Warriors are leading the NBA in 3 pt makes this year for the first time in the Curry era. All players in the regular rotation are shooting 35% or better except for Draymond at 30% and Poole at 33%. Steph, Klay, and GP II are shooting 40% plus and DiVincenzo and Wiggins round up to 40%. I'm not worried about Poole's shooting in the playoffs ... only worried about his turnovers and defense. Looney has not missed a 3 pt shot this season*.

The Warriors are leading the NBA in assists for the first time in the Curry era. Making shots helps with that stat.

*Nor has he taken one.
Last edited by Cat Forever on Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:54 am

You're right, CF. Those are very surprising stats. Got to love their chances with a more compact playoff rotation of players.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:37 am

Don't be surprised if DiVincenzo plays even better in the playoffs ... and he's playing very well now. Don't forget, he was the MVP of the 2018 Final Four! And that was a Villanova team on which he was the 6th man with stars Mikal Bridges and Jalen Brunson as well as several other current NBA players on the team.

I hope the Warriors sign him to an extended contract. He is a winner and a champion. A perfect fit for the Warriors.