Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
catnhat

Re: Steph update

Post by catnhat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:12 pm

I did not know until today that Steph has the highest effective FG% (58.2) and true shooting percentage (62.6) of any player in the top 50 all time scorers. Fittingly Steph is #30. 🙂

Steph now has over 300 made 3s this season. This is the 5th time he’s done that. All other NBA players have combined for 2 such seasons. Klay had 301 once. James Harden has the 2nd highest single season total w 376. Steph has the record at 402.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:50 am

When asked if playing Steph another 2 or 3 minutes in the Minnesota game would have made a difference in the loss he said no. That was not a smart answer. We have seen dozens of Curry Flurries during his 15 year career when he has scored 10 or 12 points in less than 3 minutes. When he re-entered the game last night he scored 5 points in the first 0:45 seconds and then had a dazzling assist to Looney 1:33 later. They lost to the T-Wolves by 4 points of course.

Here's a clip of Steph scoring 12 points in less than 2 minutes this season. https://www.nba.com/warriors/videos/cur ... ter-flurry

The Flurries are not predictable but they have never been seen while he was sitting on the bench! They do make a difference.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm

Coach Kerr started Jackson-Davis, Wiggins, Curry, Thompson, and Green. Moody and Pods were first off the bench, with Looney and Paul following. This seems to me to be the best lineup to balance offense and defense, and starters and subs. It is late in the season to be trying to find a starting lineup, so I hope he sticks with this one.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:01 pm

When will Chris Paul's season-ending injury going to happen?
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:10 pm

My bad. I overlooked a VERY important player who is not in the lineup tonight: Kuminga. He is obviously a starter, so Green or Jackson-Davis has to be first off the bench. I would start the true center, Jackson-Davis.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 pm

Green is ejected after 4 minutes, so that pretty much bolsters the argument for leaving him off of the starting five. Not watching the game, so depending upon the reason for the ejection, it may be time to sit him permanently. If this is another assaultive type of behavior, then it is clear that he is getting worse, not better or more insightful about his self-control issues.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 pm

Green was apparently jawing at a ref following a Warriors' foul. Added to the clothesline he administered to Patty Mills last night (deemed a common foul???), Green could be in the Commisioner's doghouse once again. He just will not or cannot control this behavior. Sit him.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

MrMac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 pm
Green was apparently jawing at a ref following a Warriors' foul. Added to the clothesline he administered to Patty Mills last night (deemed a common foul???), Green could be in the Commisioner's doghouse once again. He just will not or cannot control this behavior. Sit him.
He "touched" a ref during his insane fussing about a routine foul call according to the Warriors play-by-play guy on TV last night. That's a very big NO-NO in the NBA. He was not missed. TJ-D played 33 minutes and scored 8 points on 4 for 8 FGs, 14 rbs, 3 assists, and 1 blk ... and many contests at the basket which Draymond can still do, but not as well. TJ-D could do that well or better routinely with starter minutes. Uncharacteristically, CP3 made 2 errant lob passes to Trayce last night which cost the Warriors a couple of open dunks. Looney was pretty good off the bench with 7 rbs, 4 pts, and a blk in 15 minutes. Looney's defense is not close to what it was 2 or 3 years ago due to slowing of foot speed. But the man knows how to rebound the ball.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

HoFer Rick Barry on TJ-D:

6:02 to 7:58 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA4ZlnndBS4

Barry on TJ-D: "I like him ... I see a long future for him with the Warriors ... gives the Warriors what they need (on the interior)"

Listen to Barry when you can. He loves basketball ... very articulate. Basketball genius/savant. He has a podcast and is a regular guest on the linked site above. Top 50 all time player. He loves Steph and the Warriors.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

The most absurd thing about draymonds ejection is that it happened three minutes into the game and the foul he was complaining about wasnt even called on him. I know hes a loose cannon, but thats insane.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

I learned on the podcast that TJD is the biological son of Dale Davis. I don't know how I had missed that information. He sounds like a great young man, who can help the Warriors out immensely (as he did last night).

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

The Dubs have 5 NBA legacies: Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Payton, and TJD.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

That seems like a large number. Wonder if this is an intentional strategy?

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

I looked it up. The internet lists 17 current players with a parent who also played in the league. Like all internet information, it is not 100% accurate as TJD is not among those listed. Still, 5 legacy players from one team does appear to be a very high percent of the total.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Correction: 20 players total.