Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Cat Forever

Re: Steph update

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:56 am

The Warriors will tie the series in the next two games. They will play better without Draymond tonight. I only worry about Looney getting into foul trouble. Look for Steph and Klay to shoot better and for Wiggins to have a big game. Play Kuminga more minutes and challenge him to get rebounds. JaMychal Green can help too but he hasn't been given opportunities to this point. Kerr will probably play Lamb more but that is likely to be a mistake ... I hope I'm wrong.

Draymond can opt in to his player's option contract for $27.5 million next year. I doubt any other team will offer him that much but maybe the Warriors will get lucky in that regard. I really hope the Warriors don't extend his contract.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:10 am

Draymond to the Lakers is a rumor I heard the other night.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:49 am

America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:58 am

No D Green. No GPII. Two great defenders out for game 3, yet the Warriors win by 26, holding the Kings to under 100. Curry had offense, but also defense. Wiggins brought the D, ditto for Looney.

I understand playing better offense at home, but the defense was so much better, too. Maybe, as CarForever suggests, the W's, with their backs against the wall, are right where they want to be.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:54 am

MrMac has confirmed he was not a math major ...

The Warriors played better last night. They can play much better offense. I haven't seen them play better defense since last year's Finals.

Looney, Steph, DiVincenzo, and Wiggins were great. DiVincenzo had 4 steals, 7 rebounds, and 8 assists in 27 minutes alhough he didn't shoot well ... he will Sunday. Moody was outstanding off the bench for 16 minutes and he played good defense. I hope we see more of him. If Klay and Poole play a little better the Warriors will get another win Sunday.

They didn't miss Draymond's turnovers, fouls, or triple single.

Wiggins is shaking off the rust. He should be primed by the time the Warriors go back to Sacramento.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:57 pm

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 52431/amp/

Draymond has no secrets. We've seen his 4 out of 10 penis, he shows his ass all the time, we've seen the great things he is capable of on the court, we've seen his philanthropy. Maybe he'll surprise and show some contrition or humility.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:19 pm

Thanks to a loan from one of the board regulars, I recently watched the 2008 Wisconsin game. The most striking thing was how young Steph looked. Well, and the second half was pretty amazing even when you know how it came out. The shot clock seems to have been 35 seconds, and there was no little part circle under the basket. The great sea of red was surprisingly obvious even in that cavernous space.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm

stevelee wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:19 pm
. The great sea of red was surprisingly obvious even in that cavernous space.
Grateful Red was there in large numbers.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:19 pm

MrMac has confirmed he was not a math major
Yes. I think I have demonstrated that on a number of occasions...but, really, I don't even know where that number came from?

To your excellent point about the Dubs defense without Green, CF, I worry now that their team chemistry may suffer with his return, much as it did in 2016 (or insert the correct year here 😅).

Last night's game was a pleasure to watch. The Warriors had things pretty much under control the entire game, and had answers for Mike Brown's defensive schemes focusing on Steph. Playoff Kerr is a tough opponent, too.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:22 pm

MrMac has confirmed he was not a math major ...
I am trying to siphon off some of Graveline's Groupies. He can't spell, and I can't count.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:41 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/362 ... ries-kings

Don't worry about it, Steph, sometimes "old folks" like you and me have a hard time counting.... 😂

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:46 pm

Sacramento Kings star De'Aaron Fox fractured index finger in shooting hand.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/statu ... gr%5Etweet

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:18 pm

There was a sea of red for the Wisconsin game in part because both teams wore red. But the Davidson turnout was impressive both that game and the next one.

citycat

Post by citycat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:06 am

Steph is tied with Shaq in 8th place with 55 30+ points playoff games. Shaq was fine with it because he is tied with Steph.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:15 am

The Warriors are playing their best basketball of the season. Good thing ... because the Kings are very good and the Warriors need to close the series Friday in San Francisco. Steph, Klay, Wiggins, and Draymond all scored 20 or more last night. Wiggins improves every game. But the star for the Warriors was Looney who got 22 rebounds ! He joins Wilt and Nate Thurmond as the only Warriors to get 20+ rebounds in multiple games in a playoff series.

Steph ended last year as the best player in the NBA. That could be happening again ...