Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
stevelee

Re: Steph update

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:20 pm

They just announced that Steph is now a college graduate. They showed a picture of him carrying Dennis’s book.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:13 am

Article from NBA.com, “5 incredible stats from 2022 Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Stephen Curry”:

https://www.nba.com/news/5-incredible-s ... urry?amp=1

Of all the impressive stats, this is perhaps the most impressive:
When we look at the Finals, the Warrior’s offense scored 115.8 points per 100 possessions in Curry’s 225 minutes on the court. In his 109 minutes off the court, Golden State’s offensive efficiency plummeted to 88.6 points per 100 possessions.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:24 pm

It's nice to see the numbers confirm what we see with our own eyes. The disparity is even greater than I would have assumed.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:49 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/ ... urth-title

2nd only to Magic among NBA point guards.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:21 am

CBS sees the Top 10 debate and raises it to Top 5! And no debate!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the- ... -a-debate/

If you're not believing it now ... give it 3 years or so. Heck, after his freshman year at Davidson most didn't see that he was destined to be an All American and NBA star. One of our local experts said there were 10 or so college guards better than Steph at the time. Now the argument (if there is one) is whether there have ever been 10 players in the world better than #30.

FTA:
There was Durant arriving, and attaching himself to Curry and what Curry had built, and so many people missing the obvious fact that Durant needed Curry -- not, as we now know, the other way around.
We're likely to see Durant react to this point. What he says won't hurt Steph but could damage Durant's legacy. Durant is a great player but he still has never won a championship without Steph.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:10 am

"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:09 am

Stephen Curry is the only member of the 2009 draft that remains with his original team.

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:24 pm

It might be true that when that codger retires from Miami Steph will be the longest tenured player with a single team in the entirety of the NBA.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 pm

Steph and Jason Richards have teamed up and entered a Barstool Golf event in San Francisco. They didn't so well in Round 1 yesterday finishing 33 out of 46 teams:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... N+FRAN.pdf

Looks like a one round event.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Steph has started an “Underrated” amateur golf mini tour (for lack of a better name). J Rich is going to run the operation. IIRC there will be 3 or 4 tournaments around the country followed by a championship for some number of the top finishers in the prelims. Part of the attraction is that expenses will be covered allowing some to participate who otherwise wouldn’t get the chance.

Under Armor and Calloway are helping.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 pm

catnhat wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm
Steph has started an “Underrated” amateur golf mini tour (for lack of a better name). J Rich is going to run the operation. IIRC there will be 3 or 4 tournaments around the country followed by a championship for some number of the top finishers in the prelims. Part of the attraction is that expenses will be covered allowing some to participate who otherwise wouldn’t get the chance.

Calling Dr. Bliss, Splinter Faction, and WFTC. From what I hear, there are some extremely low rated amateurs among that threesome.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:06 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 pm
catnhat wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Calling Dr. Bliss, Splinter Faction, and WFTC. From what I hear, there are some extremely low rated amateurs among that threesome.
Haha, we actually played today. I’m in.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:56 pm

I regret I didn’t make it clear that it’s for youngsters.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:43 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:28 am

Gary Payton Jr. is cashing in. He signed a 3 year, $28 mil deal with Portland. With about $7 of tax/penalty for every $1 of pay in new signings Golden State decided not to match the offer.

Great for Payton. Not so great for Steph.