Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
i77cat

Re: Steph update

Post by i77cat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:03 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/340 ... ven-series

Monday, Thursday, Sunday. Go Steph.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:04 pm

i77cat wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:03 am
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/340 ... ven-series

Monday, Thursday, Sunday. Go Steph.
The ESPN author is worried about Klay's 4th quarter performance mentioning 1 made three. But Klay actually had 2 threes and a mid range two in the 4th quarter for 8 points. Klay had 13 pts in the 2nd half. That's all good news for Klay and a key performance for the Warriors. Then he bemoans 20 assists as a "pittance" for the Warriors and apparently doesn't realize that Boston is primarily using drop defense against the pick and roll which is designed to cover the roller and the shooter. The drop defense limits assists to the roller and from the roller when it' becomes a 4 on 3. But the drop has led to open looks for Steph when the Warriors have targeted R. Williams and Horford who are both too slow to close out on Steph or guard him when switches are made. ESPN has a few excellent basketball reporters but this guy is clueless. They have employed several current and former NBA players who could have helped him understand the subject matter.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:38 pm

Has Klay found the secret to unlock all of his talent?

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbr ... for-game-5

Is there a more likeable player in the NBA?
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:15 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:38 am

3-2 Warriors. Thursday in Boston. Sunday at home if needed.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:08 am

Steph has an off game with poor shooting. No problem. Klay coming off a dip in the Bay gets 21 and Wiggins makes the vaunted Celtics inside defense look helpless turning in a 26/13. The Celtics "superstars" were 7 for 16 against Wiggins and 1 for 10 against Draymond. Tatum and Brown are having their weaknesses exposed by better Warriors defenders and coaching strategies. I wouldn't trade Wiggins for anyone on the Celtics roster. Gary Payton II and Poole were excellent off the bench. Payton makes the Warriors a much better team.

Looking for the Warriors to win Game 6 and the Championship!

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:07 pm

Don't miss this new McKillop interview on NBC Sports Bay Area with Chris Mullin, Festus, et al:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eg3ctAsb2Q
Last edited by Cat Forever on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:07 pm

Despite Steph's poor shooting, looked like the Dubs were on their way to a commercial, low-stress win until the 3rd quarter run by the Celtics. Wiggins gave them a great lift to rebuild the lead. I was having some flashbacks to game 1...

Draymond finally played like himself.

Celtics looked confused and flat most of the game. Their FT shooting was terrible.

Sorry to see Steph's streak end. But I'm sure the win makes up for any disappointment he might feel. The new streak starts Thurs. (Steph had 16 with 8 assists and 1 turnover--not exactly beans.)
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:32 pm

When the top story on sports news is that you went a whole game without making a 3, that says a lot.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:07 pm

C's looked tired in the fourth. Poole's buzzer beater seized back the momentum. Ref's swallowed their whistles. I believe Van Gundy commented that after being O-for-whatever, Steph was still attracting close attention in the fourth quarter, allowing Wiggins to exploit the resulting hollowed-out lane. Watching the replay of his driving dunk, White hesitated, got out of position on the switch when Looney come to the top of the key to set pick for Wiggins. The rest of the Dubs stayed wide, their defenders not sagging, indicating no help would be coming, or would arrive too late, if Wiggs got around the hedge.

It will be interesting to see how the Celtics adjust Thursday.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:06 pm

jamesdhogan

Post by jamesdhogan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:07 pm

I imagine this will be the announcement during which they share the recipe for chicken parm with Steph.

https://davidsonwildcats.com/news/2022/ ... curry.aspx
The artist formerly known as Freehold.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:16 pm

jamesdhogan wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:07 pm
I imagine this will be the announcement during which they share the recipe for chicken parm with Steph.

https://davidsonwildcats.com/news/2022/ ... curry.aspx
Maybe he's entering the transfer portal?
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:20 pm

Under the impression it’s huge news
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

dorp

Post by dorp » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Will he bring the trophy?