New Football Stadium and Track

The 2020-21 Pioneer Football League CHAMPIONS! NCAA Playoff Team
stevelee

Re: New Football Stadium and Track

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:32 pm

BigKahuna wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:48 pm
I have some great pictures of the new stadium that I took yesterday. Does anyone know how I can post them? I can't get the photo attachment feature to work.
To post pictures on this board, you need to have them already on the internet somewhere. Then you click on the picture icon above the message input box and paste the URL between the img tags such as

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.stevelee.name/pittsburgh/band.jpg[/img]
which produces
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:19 pm

If you have a Dropbox account, upload your pictures to it, then label them as "Public" or put them in a "Public" folder. That will generate a URL address for each picture that will enable anyone to view them. Copy the addresses and post on this message board.

BTW, stevelee, I can't open your sample photo. Didn't you say once that this can be browser-dependent?
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:38 pm

I am in the same boat. Can't view most picture attachments. Recommendations for a browser change?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 pm

As I recall, Chrome was the browser with the problem. Anyway, my code example should be correct, so post like that.

You can probably see this one:

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:57 pm

The picture you are not seeing is a shot of the pep band on the scoreboard for Davidson vs. La Salle at the 2017 A10 tournament.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:00 pm

i77cat wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm
The first game on the new field is Sunday, 2/18. It'll be on ESPN+, but we should have a nice crowd there in person.
Nope. The first 4 home games for lacrosse will be at the old facility. I'm glad that football's collapse against Dayton wasn't the final game in that stadium.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:22 pm

When will work on Richardson begin?
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

BigKahuna

Post by BigKahuna » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 am

Coaches and others are helping to set up the weight room and other areas of the new facility this week. You can see pictures on the Davidson Football X account and the X accounts for some of the other coaches. Players cleaned out their old lockers in Richardson at the end of last week. They are Spring Break now, and are meeting at 7 pm on Sunday night to see the new facility. It's been a long road but it's finally here!

BigKahuna

Post by BigKahuna » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:19 am

Just talked to my guy after the players got to tour the new facility. He said it is AMAZING - weight room is double the size of the existing weight room and everything is brand new and state of the art, locker rooms are gorgeous and so much more spacious, huge meeting room on the top floor that can accommodate all of the players, be turned into two totally separate rooms, and has windows that open fully to the field, and so much more. And the stadium itself is beautiful. Recruits are going to be blown away. Also, past players were part of the unveiling - really cool given they were all a huge part of bringing this facility into existence. This will be a fantastic facility for football, women's lacrosse and field hockey (and can be used as a space for so many other functions). Truly a game changer. Davidson football and women's lacrosse X accounts have already posted a few pictures and it sounds like they had photographers and videographers there as well. Should be more postings on X, instagram and other social media.

2008wildcat

Post by 2008wildcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:41 pm

https://x.com/hometownJT/status/1767353 ... 76095?s=20

local Charlotte news did a segment on the new stadium.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:16 pm

We fin'ly got a piece of the pie.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Becoming a Football School?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:21 pm

That's my dream. Move all sports to the Southern, including scholarship football. We have phase one of the stadium. Steady growth over 10+ years and we could get there.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:18 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:21 pm
That's my dream. Move all sports to the Southern, including scholarship football. We have phase one of the stadium. Steady growth over 10+ years and we could get there.
I like the idea but my dream would be to have the proposed league jettison the big state schools. I think this was once proposed as the Magnolia League? All these schools would have a legit chance for a title, low travel costs, and a growth in attendance. It would be a good fit for the Olympic sports as well.

The ideal league would consist of Elon, Campbell, VMI, Citadel, Furman, Davidson, Wofford, Gardner Webb, Charleston Southern, Mercer and Presby. Many of these schools were historic rivals. This league would probably also inspire Nido/HPU follow through with his desire to have football at High Point.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:22 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:21 pm
Maybe we are taking some steps toward scholarship football. I note that there is a $3,000 tier of giving to football that will give VIP seating and reception area in the new stadium. There will also be an area for $500 football donors before games. I will miss hanging around with some of these folks before and sometimes during games. While I was not normally part of the conversations, just being on the periphery of the players from different eras has been really interesting these past few years.

(OK, then there were those who saw the 68 on my name tag and asked whether that had been my number on the team.)
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ