Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm

71cat wrote:How was the crowd last night? It looked good on TV.
Good crowd. Lots of Dayton fans. Apparently they travel well, much like their players. Even the refs noticed that a couple of times.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Decent. Plenty of empty seats, even in the lower bowl.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 am

[I also heard we are pursuing a 4th scholarship.]

Sorry for my typo (don't really get a ton of sleep during the week as a Davidson student). To confirm, we are looking for a recruit who will concievably play in the 2017-2018 season? I understand y'all can't say anything more than that. Also to any recruit reading this: as a current freshman it is pretty great here, the spicy chicken quesadillas are especially exquisite and chic-fil-a is nearby.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 am

Isn't transfer season coming up? I bet there would be room for a tall guy.

Wasn't Tyler a later than usual signee? We know how that worked out (and how we still miss him on the team). Maybe the next T$ is out there, in terms of timing at least.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Good article on 2018 target Riley Battin: http://www.scout.com/college/utah/story ... -high-utah

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 pm

BDL wrote:[I also heard we are pursuing a 4th scholarship.]

Sorry for my typo (don't really get a ton of sleep during the week as a Davidson student). To confirm, we are looking for a recruit who will concievably play in the 2017-2018 season? I understand y'all can't say anything more than that. Also to any recruit reading this: as a current freshman it is pretty great here, the spicy chicken quesadillas are especially exquisite and chic-fil-a is nearby.
Hanging out with friends and getting those late night quesadillas are some of my fondest memories

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:24 pm

I like this Jake Betlow kid.

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:43 am

stevelee wrote:Isn't transfer season coming up? I bet there would be room for a tall guy.

Wasn't Tyler a later than usual signee? We know how that worked out (and how we still miss him on the team). Maybe the next T$ is out there, in terms of timing at least.
Yes, T$ was a late signing. He was lightly recruited until he led his HS team to a championship.
TCC - trust, commitment, care

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:05 am

At the Brickhouse, Tyler's relative (close) explained that he was a late recruit, mostly because another high school baller had gotten his schollie, until that young man failed to gain admission to Camelot. Then, on the day of a play-off game, which could have been Tyler's last one, Coach McKillop's flight out of Chicago go seriously delayed and he almost missed seeing him perform - arrived after game had started. Clearly proof of the validity of chaos theory and horse's nail. So, we got him and the rest is great history.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 am

MLC67 wrote:At the Brickhouse, Tyler's relative (close) explained that he was a late recruit, mostly because another high school baller had gotten his schollie, until that young man failed to gain admission to Camelot. Then, on the day of a play-off game, which could have been Tyler's last one, Coach McKillop's flight out of Chicago go seriously delayed and he almost missed seeing him perform - arrived after game had started. Clearly proof of the validity of chaos theory and horse's nail. So, we got him and the rest is great history.
Sean Grennan (of NJ?) I believe...?

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:31 am

Correctomundo - Toms River, to be precise. I do hope that Mr. Grennan found his way ultimately, as I know his pain, having been wrongly cut by Lefty in my Camelot situation.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 am

http://www.usfdons.com/news/2015/9/16/M ... ath=mbball

Yes, I recall the drama on this board as one of Sean's relatives posted here. I was just too polite to bring that back up. The link above recounts his peripatetic academic career, for you Aristotelians. And no, MLC, he wasn't cut by our basketball coach, as you know, so not so parallel.

The Jesuits at St. Trez' in Mooresville are being reassigned, presumably mostly to retirement. Fr. Ward, arguably the best preacher among them, will become president of Fairfield, as I understand it.

My point in bringing up Tyler's timing was an expression of hope that there is still some exceptional potential Wildcat who could still come our way even at this late juncture. Obviously we got the best deal in that whole sequence of events, even without making a pun about closing a door and innuendo. And if we can't get the next Tyler, I would take someone really tall.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 am

Correctomundo, SL: Having been granted total and unfettered access to the Court of Round Ball, walking on the very same hardwood as did the immortals - Cook, Huckel, Maloy, Kroll of Heavy Dating and Moser of Orange - I was much closer to heaven than Mr. Sean. So, why some may say it is better to lose a love, not knowing what you never got is better, for sure.

Game on, bury the Bonnies.

Esse Quam Videri

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Additional new article on Scout (subscription only) in which Riley Battin again names us as a school recruiting him, but goes into detail on his interest on Utah and Northwestern but not us. Says his recruitment is wide open: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... ley-battin

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Sounds like we have a shot but it'll take a few breaks to land him (i.e. Northwestern and utah signing other guys at his position)