Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 pm

While I hate to lose Jon Axel for even one game, today was a major milestone in the journey of Kishawn Pritchett. His effort is overshadowed by that of Caveman, but his long-armed defense, combined with his willingness to drive to the hoop, was encouraging, to say the least. That was a key block of Lewis's(?) three point shot in the corner, late in the game.

He just needs to make those easy layups after the beautiful drives. Same for Rusty. We need those points aginst A-10 opponents. Had their missed bunnies gone in, we win by 12.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm

raptorcat wrote:While I hate to lose Jon Axel for even one game, today was a major milestone in the journey of Kishawn Pritchett. His effort is overshadowed by that of Caveman, but his long-armed defense, combined with his willingness to drive to the hoop, was encouraging, to say the least. That was a key block of Lewis's(?) three point shot in the corner, late in the game.

He just needs to make those easy layups after the beautiful drives. Same for Rusty. We need those points aginst A-10 opponents. Had their missed bunnies gone in, we win by 12.
I think the writing is on the wall here. And I actually think Rusty might be more effective as a super sub and get about the same minutes as he does as a starter.

I know Bob is loath to mess with his starting rotation. But it usually happens about once a season and the team seems to gel better afterwards.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Luke Frampton throwing it down in the halfcourt tonight against the defending state champs, scoring 29 in a three point victory: https://twitter.com/DotsBasketball/stat ... 0478952449

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Is it wrong to be excited about who we could get in 2018?.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 pm

DCA06 wrote:Is it wrong to be excited about who we could get in 2018?.
Not per se.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Percy who?
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:Percy who?
When I was a kid I saw some hymn we sang was by Percy Dearmer, but I wasn't paying much attention and read it as Percy Dreamer.

It later occurred to me that could be a great name for a fictional character, but I never had occasion to use it. My not writing short stories or novels could help explain that. But if I do, I already have a character.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 am

stevelee wrote:
Dr. Bliss wrote:Percy who?
When I was a kid I saw some hymn we sang was by Percy Dreamer but I wasn't paying much attention and read it as Percy Dreamer.
This was an odd sentence for me to read. So I had to reread it.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 am

I spelled it right in the first place. Did autocorrect make your quotation make me say something I didn't Nintendo?

Until I reread what you quoted, I thought maybe the problem was the missing comma before "but."
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 am

stevelee wrote:I spelled it right in the first place. Did autocorrect make your quotation make me say something I didn't Nintendo?

Until I reread what you quoted, I thought maybe the problem was the missing comma before "but."
I quoted it the way I initially read it, which is the way you initially read it, which was also the wrong way to read it.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 am

mccabemi wrote:
stevelee wrote:I spelled it right in the first place. Did autocorrect make your quotation make me say something I didn't Nintendo?

I quoted it the way I initially read it, which is the way you initially read it, which was also the wrong way to read it.
This reminds of the famous words of Festus Haggen:

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know the feller that... who wrote the writin' was writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doing it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' And not even knowin' it."

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:Luke Frampton throwing it down in the halfcourt tonight against the defending state champs, scoring 29 in a three point victory: https://twitter.com/DotsBasketball/stat ... 0478952449
Full highlights and article on the game: http://wvmetronews.com/2017/01/17/framp ... aa-powers/

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:41 am

wildforthecats wrote:
mccabemi wrote:

This reminds of the famous words of Festus Haggen:

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know the feller that... who wrote the writin' was writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doing it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' And not even knowin' it."
The Festus philosophy is very similar to the Donald Trump philosophy, except that Trump harbors suspicions about facts, polls, elections, and intelligence agencies' findings being rigged. :wink:
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:53 am

Then there was Pierre Salinger who called a press conference to announce what really happened to Flight 200 (I think it was).

He said it was shot down by a missile. When asked how he knew, he said he read it on the internet.

Or at least that's the way I remember it, and by now I must have repeated it enough times to make it true even if it hadn't been earlier.

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:51 pm