No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
cat44

Post by cat44 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

The striped shirt needs to be suspended for a game or two. That was totally uncalled for. I don't know if that is reviewable, but if it is the referee needs to be suspended as well, for allowing that ejection to stand.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 pm

i77cat wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2232 ... on/page/12

Are y'all familiar with the phrase "eat up with dumbass?"
That article made me laugh out loud. "national basketball columnist!". The only thing that could be stupider than this is if someone actually pays him to write columns.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:19 pm

There is just one comment on David Boraks' article about JP's arrest. Enjoy. Here it is:

Deanna Pelucio says:
October 20, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Why did David Boraks feel the need to give us JP Douglas's football stats, when writing about him assaulting another student with a knife? When are you going to get it that we don't care if you can run fast and catch a ball. That doesn't make anyone entitled to do whatever you want. Athletes are entertainers not real students. I am really sick of people idolizing athletes instead of people who really use their brains and contribute to society.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 pm

I started to post a reply: "Stereotype much?"
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
i77cat wrote:I love that optimism, stevelee. 50% would be great. 0-18 is straight stupid.
7-11.
FWIW, 50% is not my prediction, which would be a bit more sober. I just said I didn't think it was wildly optimistic. It's probably more likely than 0-18.

As for the "literal" part of this thread, my favorite example concerns the staff members of the NC speaker of the house who took the phrase "in bed with lobbyists" quite literally.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:42 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 pm

I guess this belongs in here, although it happens so often these days it's hardly news anymore.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... ating-sack
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:45 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 53559.html

Maybe they should wear conical hats and sit in the corner.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:18 am

Any insights on why the Maryland football team captains refused to shake the hands of their Penn State counterparts at the coin toss, mid-field meeting? Appears that the insult didn't backfire, as the Terps beat the Nittanys for the first time in fifty years. Still, was nasty gesture of disrespect.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:25 am

There was interesting speculation about it on some message boards yesterday. Some said it was caused by Penn State players running through Maryland's warmups. Others said the Terps didn't want to get little boy booty germs. Others said it was because Maryland has no class. Who cares? It seemed to work for them.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 am

This is why I care, so very much. The ties that bind a real student athlete and his/her College community can and should be life long, indeed unbreakable. It is the reason that Fred Hetzel, Dick Snyder, Jerry Kroll, Wayne Huckel and Dave Moser, among many others, return often to campus to participate in events honoring our great basketball tradition. I have spoken to Steff Curry one time in my life; nonetheless, I am confident that were we to meet in some airport anywhere in the country, he would gladly share DU memories for as long as his flight schedule allowed. De'Mon Brooks has said it best and so succinctly: "I'd do anything for anybody affiliated with this school."

In contrast, the "one and dones" are nothing more than temporary employees, loyal to themselves only. What the Maryland football captains did reflected very poorly on their University, and I guarantee you that they couldn't care less.

We know that the DU experience in integrity, honor and T.C.C. is a rare breed indeed, but it still hurts to watch how wretched the college sports spectacle is beyond the town limits of "Camelot".

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 am

Absent an Amtrak derailment (yes, I'm still a green tree hugger), I will be on sacred ground tomorrow and Thursday, with a series of addiction feedings (drinkings?) at the fountain of 2014/15 Kool-Aid. With some free time between these events of the heart, I will seek out the Chairman of the Sociology Department to share the following recommendation for an Independent Study Project: Research the reasons that an ever larger number of NFL starters when introduced pre-game on TV do not announce their prior college affiliation, but instead reference a high school or some other possibly ficticious institution.

My speculation at this point is that these temporary employees have no bond of affection for their "minor league" training connection and feel exploited in having been manipulated with "attendance" and passing grades at "no show" courses. I believe that a rigorous study of their alienation would be a valid inquiry.

Rudy2011

Post by Rudy2011 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 am

MadelastCut wrote: but instead reference a high school or some other possibly ficticious institution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6bXhnaBQ-I
Carthago delenda est

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.

dorp

Post by dorp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 am

i77cat wrote:Others said it was because Maryland has no class.
At least Tom Ross doesn't need to get involved.