No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 pm

MikeMaloy15 wrote:Kevin was distracted by that candy-colored clown they call the Sandman.

Or Dean Stockwell.

How he got onto the Wofford bench is anyone's guess.
He must have tiptoed in there.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 am

i77cat wrote:
stevelee wrote:There's a difference between uninterested and disinterested.
Of course there is. I chose well. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disinterested
Interesting history. And the officials may have been more unbiased than fans suppose. It's easier to posit bias than to imagine that level of incompetence.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

gopher49

Post by gopher49 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 am

The coach's totally inappropriate behavior aside, close calls like that should not decide games. It looked to me like the Dookie moved his left foot (to improve the quality of his flop?) after the 'Cuse player was into his shot, but what do I know? The game needs an alternative for the block or charge call in situations like this and perhaps officials could have the option to call such a play a toss-up. Ball goes to whichever team has the possession arrow, no foul.
Pi Rho Alpha-"Whatever It Takes"

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:49 am

I just deleted the floor level shot of the first foul on De'Mon because I have no interest in stumbling across it at some future date. It's possible that 10 of 10 eight year olds would have gotten the call right. De'Mon turns in genuine bewilderment as to why he's not going to the line.

Early in the second half, there is a play in which a Wofford guy gets into position for a layup. De'Mon pulls back to allow it, with his arms high and wide, and the Wofford guy jerks his body and yells in mock pain while completing the layup. The motion would be familiar to those of us who enjoyed watching Nik Cochran; Jack Gibbs is pefecting it as we speak. You throw your head back and grimace as though someone has violently jabbed your spine.

Would have worked in the first half. Maybe that's why Bob McKillop is so inflexible about the 2 foul rule.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:10 am

gopher49 wrote:The coach's totally inappropriate behavior aside, close calls like that should not decide games. It looked to me like the Dookie moved his left foot (to improve the quality of his flop?) after the 'Cuse player was into his shot, but what do I know? The game needs an alternative for the block or charge call in situations like this and perhaps officials could have the option to call such a play a toss-up. Ball goes to whichever team has the possession arrow, no foul.
The article I read on ESPN said that once you establish legal guarding position in front of someone (which the Duke guy did) you can move slightly to the side as they do. Sounds like reasonable basketball guarding to me. Looking at it on replay, it's hard to see how a block is the right call there, even though Duke players have been known to flop.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am

The first and foremost responsibility of a college coach is to be a mentor or teacher. The lesson learned by the Syracuse bb players from Boeheim's inexcusable display of temper is that losing control of one's self has real world consequences - he flat out ended their opportunity to win the game. Good lesson, and the classy guy on the other bench applauded him for it. Birds of a feather ...

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 am

Had a Syracuse player blown up and earned two technicals at that point of the game, what do you think Boeheim would have done? He should suspend himself for at least a game. Instead, he makes childish jokes about his behavior.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm

It's professional basketball. It's entertainment. I was amused by his jokes.

But you are exactly right about what he would have said had a player done it. And I can't imagine that anyone I respect in any field would be anything other than contrite after doing that, on the off chance they'd have done it in the first place.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 am

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm not a lawyer but that case seems it might have a few holes in it.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:52 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/2 ... de=1898167
He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger....... The man's girlfriend told authorities he had been drinking most of the day before the incident took place.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 am

The Darwin Effect...?

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:42 am

DC69Wildcat wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/2 ... de=1898167
He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger....... The man's girlfriend told authorities he had been drinking most of the day before the incident took place.
Before cowbells there was always

"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:04 am

The NFL is thinking about making the use of the N-word a 15-yard penalty. Here is a video worth 105 yards of penalty. WARNING: This video is full of terrible language. I mean terrible. It is impolite. Inappropriate. Rude. It has no redeeming virtues. Don't let the children see it. Don't look at it if you are easily offended. But it is funny. Even the title shouldn't be read by anyone. Just stop now. Don't look at it. I'm sorry.

http://takingchance.empowernetwork.com/ ... hawn-lynch

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:20 pm