No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
WildCock

Post by WildCock » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:44 pm

What is described in the article as a "BB gun" is apparently what I would call a pellet gun. Powered by CO2, not compressed air. I had a BB gun as a kid, a Daisy Golden Eagle. It might have made a ding in a car window. The windows in question were completely shattered.

That kind of pellet could hurt someone - this was way beyond stupid. Gamecock fans are fearfully waiting for the other shoe to drop, as while only two players have been arrested (at least for now), Coach Martin suspended five players.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:31 pm

I once shattered the glass on my kids' basketball goal due to a ricochet off a plastic softball I was plinking with a Co2 pistol. $300 worth of stupidity from an adult who should know better. But my point is that those things pack a wallop.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

stan

Post by stan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Definitely not stupid. But worth sharing. Not about hoops, but about college. http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/ag ... tin/nqqnF/
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Good thing she wasn't an athlete. The NCAA might have ruled it an improper benefit.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:55 am

Sometimes, just one small act of generosity or class can really change one's thinking about an individual or an institution. Go Aggies!

stan

Post by stan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:04 am

Should college administrators be forced to undergo training in logic and rational thought? I'm serious. Or at least read Kafka?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/college-finding-key-evidence-in-sex-assault-cases-is-expecting-perfection/article/2586636
Parents who send a son to Amherst are committing parental malpractice.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

dorp

Post by dorp » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:19 am

Replace the name with "Nifong", and you have the ESPN "30 for 30" they aired a week ago.

wildcatspride

Post by wildcatspride » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 am

Colleges and Universities are in no way equipped to investigate, prosecute and adjudicate matters of sexual assault. But, the federal government is requiring them to do so with little guidance or funding. This is going to be a problem that won't be solved easily.

The one thing I do want to rant about is the argument that because a woman is flirtatious after an alleged sexual assault, then she is lying about it. It makes me a little angry to hear lawyers, journalists, DA's argue what a young woman is supposed to act like after being sexually assaulted. (This view is not necessarily in response to this case, which I know nothing about, but it is in response to what was written in the article). There is research that women have many different reactions to sexual assault, including becoming more sexually active after a known violent assault.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

wildcatspride wrote:Colleges and Universities are in no way equipped to investigate, prosecute and adjudicate matters of sexual assault. But, the federal government is requiring them to do so with little guidance or funding. This is going to be a problem that won't be solved easily.

The one thing I do want to rant about is the argument that because a woman is flirtatious after an alleged sexual assault, then she is lying about it. It makes me a little angry to hear lawyers, journalists, DA's argue what a young woman is supposed to act like after being sexually assaulted. (This view is not necessarily in response to this case, which I know nothing about, but it is in response to what was written in the article). There is research that women have many different reactions to sexual assault, including becoming more sexually active after a known violent assault.
Indeed. Almost as dumb as arguing women never lie.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:19 pm

I'm thinking of heading to Raleigh today dressed in drag so I can visit a bunch of bathrooms that correspond to my birth gender. Reckon I'll have to shave my beard though.

It'll be Divine. Anybody want to join me?
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

rbarney

Drag

Post by rbarney » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:35 pm

I would just be careful, since the police are now allowed to harrass anyone for reasons of gender preference without violating anyone's rights in-state.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:I'm thinking of heading to Raleigh today dressed in drag so I can visit a bunch of bathrooms that correspond to my birth gender.

So, business as usual?

Johnson

Post by Johnson » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 pm

you all appear to be just a lovely bunch.
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

stan

Post by stan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Johnson wrote:you all appear to be just a lovely bunch.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Some people think that the objects of her wrath might be entitled to a bit of honesty and due process while their lives are being wrecked. I realize there are people who disagree.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:58 pm

I haven't read NC's new anti-discrimination-law-to-end-all-anti-discrimination-laws (literally). It's passed just the House so far.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ