No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:23 pm

i77cat wrote:What does he mean by "not better"? Better football players, better football team, better fans, better uniforms, better atmosphere, better coaching. Bless his heart.
And to think he's only a freshman.. The "just suit up and show up" disease is epidemic at Chapel Hill.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

seamac77 wrote:from the Cht Observer..

"They're not better than us !"

....Donnie Miles, a UNC freshman linebacker, was screaming as he walked off the field after the Holes got pasted yesterday 70-41 by Bill Cobb U.
Moe Ron.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Not stupid, but I don't want to start a "No limit on hilarious" thread-- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... ps=gravity
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:53 am

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 pm

i77cat wrote:Not really stupid. Unfortunate. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... -disaster/
"But I ain't embarrassed by nothing. We all celebrate when we make a play."
Perhaps there is a message here.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

loosha's lad

Post by loosha's lad » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:23 am

Oh, Rex. Another one of the Original Hornets...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11554 ... pple-store

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

Not wanting to dump on the Big Blue when they are so far down - 3.5 point dogs to RUTGERS from the banks of the old Raritan - but continuing to allow Qb Shane Morris to play after taking a vicious hit to his head coupled with then being unable to get off the turf without the assistance of his linemate, was beyond irresponsible.

No purported medical staff sideline evaluation can insulate a head coach from using the God given common sense of an adult of no more than a grammer school education that a brutal hit to the head leading to an incoherent player mandates that player's absence from the remainder of the football game.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 pm

MadelastCut wrote:Not wanting to dump on the Big Blue when they are so far down - 3.5 point dogs to RUTGERS from the banks of the old Raritan - but continuing to allow Qb Shane Morris to play after taking a vicious hit to his head coupled with then being unable to get off the turf without the assistance of his linemate, was beyond irresponsible.

No purported medical staff sideline evaluation can insulate a head coach from using the God given common sense of an adult of no more than a grammer school education that a brutal hit to the head leading to an incoherent player mandates that player's absence from the remainder of the football game.
I played against a lot of incoherent players. A mandated absence for them may have spelled more victories for DU.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 am

MadelastCut wrote:Not wanting to dump on the Big Blue when they are so far down - 3.5 point dogs to RUTGERS from the banks of the old Raritan - but continuing to allow Qb Shane Morris to play after taking a vicious hit to his head coupled with then being unable to get off the turf without the assistance of his linemate, was beyond irresponsible.

Coach Hoke seemed to adopt an "I couldnt see everything, I didn't know all the facts" attitude. That really irked me, since that is why he has so many people working for him and that's why he's making the 'big bucks'. Cant feel too sorry for a multi-million dollar CEO who does not know what's going on right in front of him, on a small patch of grass, with a jumbo-tron to show slo-mo replays of what happened. He should be fired for jusf having a really horrible excuse.

TOK

Post by TOK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:00 pm

I am not sure if this is really stupid or just odd:

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/colleg ... 4485.story

The headline sounds bad enough, three ODU basketball players suspended indefinitely. You have to read the article to realize that it is two players from the women's team and one from the men's team. Apparently the guy and one of the ladies got into an altercation adn the other lady tried to "intervene." No details given, but a young woman gets suspended from trying to protect your female teammate from a man?

Perhaps this is an overreaction because of Ray Rice and all the others?

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:42 pm

I suggest renaming this thread the Jameis Winston Tribute Thread

http://deadspin.com/report-fsu-and-tall ... 1645045834
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:31 pm

At the beginning of today's Syracuse/FSU game, one of the announcers told us FSU was convening their campus disciplinary board, or whatever, and was bringing charges against Jameis Winston for the 2012 sexual encounter that led to rape accusations.

This board will probably meet some time after the National Championship game, when Jameis is interviewing agents and training for the combine. He is eligible for the NFL draft this spring.

The way FSU has handled Jameis's issues is the opposite of stupid. They know how to placate and entertain disinterested students who have to loiter on campus for three years before heading off to the NFL.

It's difficult not being able to watch the OK/Texas game and root heartily for OK. Without Mack Brown there, it's like watching Austria-Hungary vs. Italy in WWI. Too bad both can't lose.

PS. UNC sent its alums an email inviting us to to sit in special section at the Hornets'-Bucks' game 10/29 and cheer on all the Tar Heels in the game. Included in the list was PJ Hairston. Why not invite Lawrence Taylor and give him some award, too?
Last edited by citycat on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCFirst

Post by DCFirst » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Of course, the significant thing regarding that Hornets game is PJ Hairston ... will he play or will he be MIA, out in a stolen car breaking the law in some fashion -- ie, consistent with his much-ballyhooed history and his media-reported criminal record? Assumptions can be dangerous; and btw, it's a little surprising that UNCCH alums would be willing to consider Hairston as one of their own when in truth he is simply a basketball renegade who happened to visit the Chapel Hill basketball arena at Roy Williams' urging for a short while along his ongoing path of eventual self-destruction.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:54 pm

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Concord High School's mascot is a spider. Here is the logo:

One of my partners is a 1994 CHS alumna, and her class just celebrated their 20th reunion. As a member of the reunion committee, she ordered a cake from Sam's Club. Her instructions to the bakery were to write "CHS Class of 1994" on the cake and include a spider web design. This is what she got.

"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''