2018 A10 Champions!
MrMac

Re: In Game: at Richmond

Post by MrMac » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:12 pm

Dang!

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:13 pm

I don't know how many ways there are to lose close games, but we seem to keep finding them.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

cat44

Post by cat44 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:14 pm

stan wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:02 pm
These announcers are delusional.
I wish ours showed some emotion for us. They pretty much suck as homers.

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:15 pm

Huffman foul was somehow worse than the late officiating
lovin' every minute of it

Sir Walter Cat

Post by Sir Walter Cat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:17 pm

i77cat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:12 pm
Great effort. Almost good enough. We can push anyone except Dayton.
Hey! Look who’s next on our schedule.

Owfitzpatrick

Post by Owfitzpatrick » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:19 pm

stan wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:07 pm
Grant goes brain dead. Again.

No excuse. Can't make that play. Just can't.

The play was legal so not sure why you “can’t make that play.” Hand to hand contact is legal. King kicked his leg out, which is an offensive foul, if anything is to be called. And if Grant hadn’t closed out hard and king makes the shot, you’d have been the first to call out the “lack of effort” or “have to be in the shooter’s face.”

So what is the play he can make other than to not get called for a foul he didn’t commit?

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:22 pm

Ticky tack foul by Grant. What ever happened to the over arching rule that officials let the players decide game outcome. Grant’s contact had no effect whatsoever on the shot attempt. Disgraceful.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:27 pm

chucking 3s at a 27% clip won't get the job done.
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:31 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:09 pm
Very dubious foul, but you can’t bring your hand down like that.
You cannot, especially on the road, when you should know that King is trying to get the foul called more than he's trying to make the shot.

TiredCat88

Post by TiredCat88 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:48 pm

Owfitzpatrick wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:19 pm
stan wrote:

The play was legal so not sure why you “can’t make that play.” Hand to hand contact is legal. King kicked his leg out, which is an offensive foul, if anything is to be called. And if Grant hadn’t closed out hard and king makes the shot, you’d have been the first to call out the “lack of effort” or “have to be in the shooter’s face.”

So what is the play he can make other than to not get called for a foul he didn’t commit?
It's just typical Stan. Come on the messageboard for the season, be super negative about every play and pretend he is super coach. We see it every year.

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:53 pm

I am what must be the Richmond gathering spot.

Had a nice chat with Neal Quinn, and his dad bought me a beer.

Last year I had my lunch paid for by a VCU fan.

Talked to Mooney as well.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 pm

The replay is up on ESPN+. I just looked at the foul call against Grant, and I don't think the ref called the hand contact, which was very minor, if any. Grant jumped towards King, and when he landed, his right foot was under King's landing spot. I thought initially that King had flopped, but after looking at it several times, I think he came down on Grant's foot. I am much more bothered by the awful call against Brizzi when he stole the pass to Quinn. That was a clean steal. The ref on the end line called it, not the ref closest to the play. Quinn made both of the foul shots. And then there was the very obvious foul that was missed when Quinn went over Kochera's back to knock a loose ball off Connor's leg. At least Richmond didn't get any points out of that one. And lastly, I think the charge call against Connor on his baseline drive was bogus. It's debatable until the final replay comes up, and in that view, Bailey is still moving laterally and his right foot is still dragging along the floor when Connor collides with him. It's a close call, but I think it was a block.

Having said that, the refs didn't cost us the game. Even with those questionable calls, we defended well enough to win, we rebounded well enough to win, we scored in the paint well enough to win, and although Grant's two misses came at a most inopportune time, we shot free throws well enough to win. Once again, what we didn't do was shoot the three ball well enough to win. We missed too many wide open looks.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

CatDawg

Post by CatDawg » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:20 pm

We suck!! He better recruit and get admissions to get over them selves…Bball is our calling card!!

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:21 pm

TiredCat88 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:48 pm
Owfitzpatrick wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:19 pm
stan wrote:

It's just typical Stan. Come on the messageboard for the season, be super negative about every play and pretend he is super coach. We see it every year.
Like it or not, Stan is right. Bad play by Grant, great play by King. It was a foul.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:24 pm

Whenever you lunge at a 3 point shooter, you are begging for a whistle. Have to 'stay vertical".

Yes, the charge call on Kochera was total BS.
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop