Conference Tournaments

2018 A10 Champions!
TOK

Conference Tournaments

Post by TOK » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:02 am

I will not be going overseas this March, so I have been trying to figure out which conference tournament I will attend.

The A-10 is in Brooklyn and the Cats aren't playing well, I have already scratched this one off my list.

The Tribe is awful and JMU left the CAA, so the CAA tourney in Anacostia is off the list.

JMU having a good season, but tourney is in Pensacola, I can fly for free, but then I am stuck for the duration. I prefer driving and can leave if my team bombs out.

Niners looking good so far, but the collapse has to be just around the corner, doesn't it? Besides the tourney is in Fort Worth.

So that leaves the SoCon in Ashville and the Big South in High Point. I don't follow anyone in the SoCon anymore and Ashville means getting a hotel.

I may be day tripping it to High Point for the Big South starting with the quarterfinals.

Anyone else have tourney plans for March? I fear the Charlotte NCAA tourney pods will have both UNC-Cheat and Duke, so I don't hold out much hope for these games being of interest to me.

stevelee

Re: Conference Tournaments

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:10 am

I had tentatively planned to attend the A10 women’s tournament in Henrico County back when I expected the team to be in the top four. Maybe that’s not yet mathematically impossible for the Surviving Seven, so I’ll try to keep that weekend open.

We could drive up on Friday, stay two nights, and drive home Sunday. Other than the women’s NIT games here in the county and the SoCon tournaments, I haven’t been to any postseason women’s games.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ