NCAA Delenda Est

2018 A10 Champions!
JerseyLawyer

NCAA Delenda Est

Post by JerseyLawyer » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:58 pm

(I know - that's abbreviation).

Another way the NCAA has screwed up everything - to the detriment of Davidson College:

"Miami TE Cam McCormick granted ninth year of eligibility"

Wonder if has a single degree as of yet. . .

MLC67

Re: NCAA Delenda Est

Post by MLC67 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:16 pm

Heard on the news that this not so young fellow was working on post Masters Degree studies.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

bostoncat

Post by bostoncat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:05 am

As a parent of a high school kid who’s trying to make it to D1 athletics in college, these guys need to move on and let the next batch of kids through. There are whole baseball programs that have just stopped offering high school kids at this point because there are so many of these types still hanging around. I get it from the program perspective to a degree - if you are a coach who gets paid to win games, you’d probably rather take a 23 year old man who’s been in college athletics for 4/5/6 years already vs a 17 year old kid, but the system just gets more and more broken every year. It’s a shame.

I feel bad for this guy that he’s had a bunch of injuries to contend with and get that he has NFL dreams, but enough is enough.

graveline

Post by graveline » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 am

Could this lead to a sequel to the vastly underrated Everybody Wants Some!!?
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:41 am

bostoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:05 am
As a parent of a high school kid who’s trying to make it to D1 athletics in college, these guys need to move on and let the next batch of kids through. There are whole baseball programs that have just stopped offering high school kids at this point because there are so many of these types still hanging around. I get it from the program perspective to a degree - if you are a coach who gets paid to win games, you’d probably rather take a 23 year old man who’s been in college athletics for 4/5/6 years already vs a 17 year old kid, but the system just gets more and more broken every year. It’s a shame.

I feel bad for this guy that he’s had a bunch of injuries to contend with and get that he has NFL dreams, but enough is enough.

Welcome to NCAA ice hockey recruiting. My son isnt going to get a look until he's played a couple seasons of Junior Hockey. Coaches want 21 year old freshmen. And they are very happy to bring in 22 year old Euro players. Playing at the youth level he plays, equivalent to a top level AAU basketball team, if the system were focused on kids coming out of high school he'd probably already have gone on official visits and even have an offer or two. Nope. Still years away.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15