Up next: Dayton

2018 A10 Champions!
WildcatInTexas

Re: Up next: Dayton

Post by WildcatInTexas » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:42 pm

Hearing murmurs of no Skog tonight ....
I'm sure there are closer men to the source than I, but just thought I'd share recent rumors / hope if I ask someone will tell me I'm wrong.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:19 pm

citycat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:42 pm
Ursa's wife sponsored a wine and cheese tasting party at Emanon in '76-'77. She got a small payment and could keep the leftover open bottles of wine and opened cheese. No one received tasting glasses at that event.

It was better attended than our monthly ice cream parties. People did not walk back to their dorm/houses in a straight line.

(Ursa was not married as an undergrad. Ursa, his current spouse, bagelcat, and I were members of Emanon in '76-'77.)
I had to read that twice to confirm that bagelcat is not Ursa's current spouse.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:47 pm

Waitress wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:19 pm
citycat wrote:
Ursa's wife sponsored a wine and cheese tasting party at Emanon in '76-'77. She got a small payment and could keep the leftover open bottles of wine and opened cheese. No one received tasting glasses at that event.

It was better attended than our monthly ice cream parties. People did not walk back to their dorm/houses in a straight line.

(Ursa was not married as an undergrad. Ursa, his current spouse, bagelcat, and I were members of Emanon in '76-'77.)
I had to read that twice to confirm that bagelcat is not Ursa's current spouse.
Is it time for another Oxford comma thread?
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:31 pm

https://x.com/davidpjablonski/status/17 ... 2c1mKS_QvQ

“Davidson’s leading scorer, center David Skogman, did not play in its last game and is not in uniform tonight. He’s wearing a protective boot on his right foot.“

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:45 pm

citycat wrote:

Her dad had set her up with a Mateus dealer. She was confronted afterward by ARA Slater as they had a monopoly. on any alcohol sales on campus.

I bought a case which sealed the deal for me to marry her 19 years later.
"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

Mark79

Post by Mark79 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:53 pm

When was the last time our starting five scored 6 or fewer in the first half? Calling all wizards.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:55 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:31 pm
https://x.com/davidpjablonski/status/17 ... 2c1mKS_QvQ

“Davidson’s leading scorer, center David Skogman, did not play in its last game and is not in uniform tonight. He’s wearing a protective boot on his right foot.“
Official statement: “Sore ankle.” Might be ready to practice over the weekend.

Unofficial source: Two possible diagnoses, medical terms I don’t remember.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ