Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
catnhat

Post by catnhat » Thu May 19, 2016 9:26 pm

I saw a Rivals article on Tomas Murphy's recruitment. DC was not mentioned. Northwestern apparently has an edge because Collins recruited Tomas' older brother and has a good relationship with the family. Florida may not be recruiting him hard even though both older brothers ended up there. For some reason he also spoke highly of Northeastern.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu May 19, 2016 10:24 pm

https://twitter.com/PURE_PROSPECTS/stat ... 3531682816:
@PURE_PROSPECTS wrote:2017 Mike Hood is receiving Interest from, Liberty,San Francisco, South Dakota, Austin Peay, Drake, Kansas State, & Davidson. @MikeHood22

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri May 20, 2016 8:58 am

Looks like Wisconsin may get more heavily involved in the recruitment of Brad Davison (who recently got his second ACC offer, from Georgia Tech).

http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Davison-55090

catborn'bred

Sehic to Tulane

Post by catborn'bred » Fri May 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Interesting note: Sehic, a PF/C whom Davidson recruited pretty hard a year ago, is transferring from Vanderbilt to Tulane. A shame. Word is that Vandy never saw him as more than a back-up. I think Davidson saw him as having much more upside and as being a good fit with our style of play.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri May 20, 2016 7:57 pm

The problem is guys that go to bigger programs never think that will happen to them. We could make a long list of players we recruited who were transferring from a big 5 program a year or two later. Although no coach would ever admit it, I bet many players get recruited away from us just so Bob doesn't get hold of them.

citycat

Post by citycat » Fri May 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Can someone post one of the pictures of Sehic and his mother visiting Davidson? His not choosing Davidson was a double loss for our program.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat May 21, 2016 11:12 am

I don't remember that. I remember Goloman's mother visiting.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Sat May 21, 2016 11:55 am

Has Sehic been tweeting and instagramming all of his transfer options?
lovin' every minute of it

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Sat May 21, 2016 12:37 pm

I think I remember hearing the Cat's are not real big on guys who declined after receiving the red carpet treatment.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat May 21, 2016 1:59 pm

CastleCat wrote:Has Sehic been tweeting and instagramming all of his transfer options?
He has already committed to Tulane

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat May 21, 2016 2:05 pm

kevin mcmahon wrote:I think I remember hearing the Cat's are not real big on guys who declined after receiving the red carpet treatment.
I really hope this isn't the case. A kid can be a perfect fit for our program as a person and player and make the wrong decision when he's 17. Also, unless a kid is solely looking for more playing time, at the high-major level kids more often than not transfer to schools that recruited them out of high school because of earlier interest they had and a preexisting relationship with the coaching staff. There are reasons we should not go after kids we recruited out of high school (rumors about coachability, academic struggles, adding players at his position), but if the player is still a good kid who fits Davidson as a student and an athlete but just happened to make the wrong decision as a high schooler, we should be above turning them away because we weren't the first choice.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat May 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Did we recruit Clint Mann out of high school?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Sat May 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Full disclosure: this is the opinion of an old fart (me) and nothing more. Just from a negotiating standpoint you lose your leverage if the buyer knows he can go elsewhere with no risk and always come back to a safe haven. There are always extenuating circumstances and I don't believe in absolutes but generally I agree with a take it or leave it approach. Again, this a personal opinion.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Sat May 21, 2016 2:48 pm

stevelee wrote:Did we recruit Clint Mann out of high school?
I am pretty sure we did, because I seem to recall him mentioning this during the memorable senior speech he gave at the banquet that year.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat May 21, 2016 2:58 pm

raptorcat wrote:
stevelee wrote:Did we recruit Clint Mann out of high school?
I am pretty sure we did, because I seem to recall him mentioning this during the memorable senior speech he gave at the banquet that year.
That's the way I remember it, too. The thought even occurred to me to go back and look at the video. I might anyway.

Kevin has a point, and certainly there should be no promise of keeping a light in the window. OTOH, treating the former recruit as a spurned lover doesn't make a lot of sense, either. That was then; this is now works both ways.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ