Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
RichmondCat

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by RichmondCat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:26 pm

2022 interest:

Ryan Pettit, 6'2 PG, Rutgers Prep (Somerset, NJ)

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/stat ... 33792?s=20

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am

Another Nick Marshall (2021 6’5 PG) mention:

https://mobile.twitter.com/everetthoops ... 3844645890

Impressive highlights here: http://www.hudl.com/v/2DKSd9

tennis08tarheels

Post by tennis08tarheels » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 am

Acorn wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
Another Nick Marshall (2021 6’5 PG) mention:

https://mobile.twitter.com/everetthoops ... 3844645890

Impressive highlights here: http://www.hudl.com/v/2DKSd9
Impressive indeed. He can pass, shoot, create off the dribble and has the size to be able to defend 3-4 positions. I wonder why he's not getting more high major interest (tweet mentions interest from XU and Stanford).

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:36 pm

I recently looked at Lucas Taylor's page on Verbal Commits. He is shown with 15 offers from big time programs (P5, Big East, UConn, and Cincy). Every one of those schools, except Providence, has offers out to 4 or more players at his position. Some already have commitments from SGs in his class. I hope our focus on him pays dividends. Those others are taking a shotgun approach. DC and Providence are specifically aiming at him. Murray State has only 2 offers at his position. I hope he recognizes that we have offered only him because the staff thinks he would be a great fit, and be able to contribute (play) quickly.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:18 pm

catnhat wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:36 pm
I recently looked at Lucas Taylor's page on Verbal Commits. He is shown with 15 offers from big time programs (P5, Big East, UConn, and Cincy). Every one of those schools, except Providence, has offers out to 4 or more players at his position. Some already have commitments from SGs in his class. I hope our focus on him pays dividends. Those others are taking a shotgun approach. DC and Providence are specifically aiming at him. Murray State has only 2 offers at his position. I hope he recognizes that we have offered only him because the staff thinks he would be a great fit, and be able to contribute (play) quickly.
Here is an interview from June with Lucas Taylor. Might have been previously posted. Seems like a level-headed young man looking for the best environment.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoo ... -heritage/

PHR: When you talk to programs and coaches, what are some factors that you are looking for or listening for? Anything specific on the basketball court you are looking for?

Taylor: Somewhere I see an opportunity to earn playing time as a freshman and a family environment within the team and coaches.

As far as his time frame for making a decision:

PHR: When might you be looking to decide or narrow down your list?

Taylor: Not until I can get on the campuses.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:16 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:18 pm
catnhat wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:36 pm
Here is an interview from June with Lucas Taylor. Might have been previously posted. Seems like a level-headed young man looking for the best environment.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoo ... -heritage/

PHR: When you talk to programs and coaches, what are some factors that you are looking for or listening for? Anything specific on the basketball court you are looking for?

Taylor: Somewhere I see an opportunity to earn playing time as a freshman and a family environment within the team and coaches.

As far as his time frame for making a decision:

PHR: When might you be looking to decide or narrow down your list?

Taylor: Not until I can get on the campuses.
Worth noting Lucas has been on Davidson’s campus and to games multiple times (you can see this on his instagram highlights, no inside info)

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:47 am

wildforthecats wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm
Redford Dunton 2021 6-6 SF Heritage(NC). Wake, NC State and Davidson interest...
Redford Dunton committed to Purdue Fort Wayne. The Mastodons are moving to the Horizon League this year.

https://twitter.com/RedfordDunton/statu ... 11712?s=20

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Taine Murray publicly announced his top 3 of Virginia, Maryland and Stanford.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:40 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:59 pm
Taine Murray publicly announced his top 3 of Virginia, Maryland and Stanford.
Yeah, he wasn't on our list anyway. :wink:

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Chris Ford announced on instagram that he will be committing this week. Hasn't blown up since we offered him early but would be a great get for us as an undersized playmaking 4.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:35 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:21 pm
Chris Ford announced on instagram that he will be committing this week. Hasn't blown up since we offered him early but would be a great get for us as an undersized playmaking 4.
Definitely hoping for good news with Chris Ford!

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Robert Morris is the other known offer. One of his HS teammates is already committed there. I hope the opportunity to go to DC and play hoops is more attractive than the opportunity to go to Robert Morris.

Jay Catsby

Post by Jay Catsby » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:45 pm

I watched through some of Chris' highlights again. I'm not sure if he reminds me more of De'Mon with his aggressive play around the basket, or KiShawn with his combo of size/ball handling/court awareness. Either way, he's got toughness in spades just like both of those guys. We'd be lucky to have him.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Versatile and tough. Often called on to guard the opposition’s top player and he is a winner. He will be a fan favorite wherever he goes.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:53 pm

He'll be a great Wildcat. If he opts to go elsewhere, he'll still be a fine college player. I hope he chooses to play close to home.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge