No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Speedy

Post by Speedy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:03 pm

I think it was the NY post's running of this story note that qualifies it for the stupid thread. Sure, Melania was once a supermodel. But now, she's running for first partner. Like MITI points out, if we're going to sexualize one potential first partner, then in order to avoid sexist or partisan double standards, we should also be reading sexualized stories about the other potential first partner. And I'm pretty sure nobody here--or anywhere--wants to see nudey pics of Bill.

steveclark63

Post by steveclark63 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:30 pm

The latest posts in this thread has brought to mind the best sensational headline ever in the NY Post (or any newspaper IMHO):

HEADLESS BODY
IN TOPLESS BAR

Vincent Musetto, who wrote it, died last year. Here's a link to his obit in the Post.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/09/new-york-p ... ies-at-74/
“Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.”
— Marcel Proust

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 am

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:Shall we now begin some posts on the potential First "Gentleman" and a few of the many stupid and nationally embarrassing things he's done? But then maybe all those things are actually OK with those who are having their fun at Mrs. Trump's expense in this thread.
It's a sad comment on how deep in the muck we are when the only riposte to this "revelation" is "Well, they're worse." I'm afraid that is going to be the theme for the next three months, and God help us. At least we should get a lot more material for this thread.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:14 am

DC69Wildcat wrote:
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:Shall we now begin some posts on the potential First "Gentleman" and a few of the many stupid and nationally embarrassing things he's done? But then maybe all those things are actually OK with those who are having their fun at Mrs. Trump's expense in this thread.
It's a sad comment on how deep in the muck we are when the only riposte to this "revelation" is "Well, they're worse." I'm afraid that is going to be the theme for the next three months, and God help us. At least we should get a lot more material for this thread.
That was a tempered response and not the only riposte that could have been made. A tit for tat (so to speak) riposte for the other spouse would not be tolerated on this forum and I wouldn't go into that embarrassing gutter for discussion. I don't see moral equivalency for the spousal behaviors anyway.

Civil responses were made to bobc by PM. And he politely replied.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 am

Steve Rodgers wrote:
bobc wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/07/30/melania-tr ... er-before/

Not wanting to start a political mess, but I think this article from the NY Post particularly fits the topic.
Unless one is looking at these pictures through a hyper partisan lens, I don't see how it is even remotely stupid for a 26 year old European model to do a nude photo shoot. I believe that posing nude is an expected part of the job.

Now as to why the NY Post is printing these photos now, I get that. She was (and is) hot, she's naked, she may be the first lady and this sort of thing sells newspapers.
No doubt. There is nothing stupid about those photos. They are beautiful. Racy? Okay. I guess. She was a young model doing what she loved.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:14 am

I've been away from the board for several days. I'm surprised to see so little discussion about Draymond Green's latest effort at building a professional image.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 am

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but Chump is giving late night talk lots of material to work with...for decades.

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:24 am

i77cat wrote:I've been away from the board for several days. I'm surprised to see so little discussion about Draymond Green's latest effort at building a professional image.
That's just the way he plays ...

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:09 pm

i77cat wrote:I've been away from the board for several days. I'm surprised to see so little discussion about Draymond Green's latest effort at building a professional image.
I hope no one will want to post that photo on this forum. Even his most ardent supporters must be losing faith...?

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:14 am

Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:44 am

The joke starts "Three NBA Olympians walk into a Rio brothel ..."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/C ... 07891.html

The good news is ... if Draymond went along at least he didn't get caught.

Do a couple of 7 footers really think they won't get noticed?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 am

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:The joke starts "Three NBA Olympians walk into a Rio brothel ..."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/C ... 07891.html

The good news is ... if Draymond went along at least he didn't get caught.

Do a couple of 7 footers really think they won't get noticed?
If Wilt were playing with todays social media, he would be Draymond 2.0.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:30 pm

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm

i77cat wrote:Hope Solo showing her class again: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/articl ... ch-cowards
Hopeless Solo.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:41 pm

I watched a ball go through her legs. She must have been quite rattled by the Zika bit. And by game tactics completely bamboozled.