Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDF

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by BDF » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 am

That whole managing expectations thing lasted about an hour.

Sam looks like he has a Peyton-like handle. Always nice to have a fourth option to bring the ball up the floor against teams that want to press.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:30 am

Speaking of which, did anyone notice Luka beat the press once by taking the ball up the court against VCU?

That surprised/scared me.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:35 pm

He's obviously going to be great because he never misses.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:06 pm

If we still played in the Southern, we could have 4 years of hearing Georgia Southern coaches inform the players that he's left-handed.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:24 pm

i77cat wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:06 pm
If we still played in the Southern, we could have 4 years of hearing Georgia Southern coaches inform the players that he's left-handed.
They never caught on to Ian.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:34 pm

I know. I tried to help. "He's still left-handed!" As loud as I could. They never figured it out. It was like when Pat Dennis would yell "Shooter" every time the ball was passed to a different Wildcat. I mean, can't you just tell all the players that the opposing team can all shoot the ball? I miss Pat Dennis and the hilarious things yelled by him and at him.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:36 pm

During the 2001 game at Belk, he engaged in a spirited dialogue with several Davidson fans in the second half. There wasn't a big crowd at that game, so it was much easier to get to know the opposing coach.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Yep, that one was entertaining.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:13 am

If you want to watch Grant Hoffman tonight google Lakewood St Eds home page. Click athletics, then live broadcasts. Broadcast starts at 6:45. Game at 7. Played in empty gym, except 4 relatives per player due to recommendation of Ohio governor. I had planned to attend.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:40 am

cat44 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:13 am
If you want to watch Grant Hoffman tonight google Lakewood St Eds home page. Click athletics, then live broadcasts. Broadcast starts at 6:45. Game at 7. Played in empty gym, except 4 relatives per player due to recommendation of Ohio governor. I had planned to attend.
Thanks for the heads up. Also, it's Huffman.

https://www.stedwardeagles.com/

Link for broadcast.

https://boxcast.tv/view/st-edward-vs-lo ... nal-519922

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:34 pm

cat44 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:13 am
Would an expedited adoption get you in the gym?
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:43 am

Good night for Huffman in a victory—24 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolspo ... orain.html

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:29 am

Acorn wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:43 am
Good night for Huffman in a victory—24 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolspo ... orain.html
His game is really built on driving. Will be harder to do that effectively in college but he may just have the talent to pull it off.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:17 am

Prefacing this by saying I know none of this matters in the scheme of things, just something I've been thinking about to try and distract myself:

I wonder how this impacts recruiting. Assuming the next academic year/season starts on time (a big if) the spring summer recruiting periods are going to be shortened or more likely nonexistent. Does this help us with guys we have relationships with like Chris Ford since it prevents bigger programs from noticing him? Does it hurt us because we won't be able to identify more targets? Does it hurt us because we won't be able to get guys on campus to show it and our culture off? I'm thankful we have a terrific 2020 class already locked up since I'm sure many programs and athletes looking for a match do not know what to do right now. Hopefully the school's terrific response in helping the students helps.

Again I'm aware this is of very small consequence relatively speaking, but something that crossed my mind.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:17 am
Prefacing this by saying I know none of this matters in the scheme of things, just something I've been thinking about to try and distract myself:

I wonder how this impacts recruiting. Assuming the next academic year/season starts on time (a big if) the spring summer recruiting periods are going to be shortened or more likely nonexistent. Does this help us with guys we have relationships with like Chris Ford since it prevents bigger programs from noticing him? Does it hurt us because we won't be able to identify more targets? Does it hurt us because we won't be able to get guys on campus to show it and our culture off? I'm thankful we have a terrific 2020 class already locked up since I'm sure many programs and athletes looking for a match do not know what to do right now. Hopefully the school's terrific response in helping the students helps.

Again I'm aware this is of very small consequence relatively speaking, but something that crossed my mind.
I would think, but what do I know, that it would be an advantage with a guy like Chris Ford.