Re: Portal

Post by i77cat » Tue May 21, 2024 9:29 pm

bostoncat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:30 pm
Acorn wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:26 pm
bostoncat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:56 pm
Team full of guys who…are looking to jump ship for the P5/6 after a year or two.
The number of Davidson players who have done this remains zero. Unless you try to count guys using their extra COVID year after graduating from DC.
Didn’t say they have. Saying that’s where we are headed
We kept a guy this year who had an opportunity to jump to a big program after 2 years. I hear that NIL monies helped retain him. We have some lacrosse, baseball, and soccer players who should get opportunities to join better programs.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue May 21, 2024 9:39 pm

i77cat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:29 pm
bostoncat wrote:
Acorn wrote:
bostoncat wrote:
Team full of guys who…are looking to jump ship for the P5/6 after a year or two.
The number of Davidson players who have done this remains zero. Unless you try to count guys using their extra COVID year after graduating from DC.
We kept a guy this year who had an opportunity to jump to a big program after 2 years. I hear that NIL monies helped retain him. We have some lacrosse, baseball, and soccer players who should get opportunities to join better programs.
https://athletesthread.com/products/dav ... ica-jersey

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue May 21, 2024 9:52 pm

Nice looking gear, ugly prices. I'd be more likely to just buy regular gear and contribute some money to the collective.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue May 21, 2024 11:38 pm

i77cat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:52 pm
Nice looking gear, ugly prices. I'd be more likely to just buy regular gear and contribute some money to the collective.
I bought a Durkin hoodie. I don't know that the price was out of line with at least some stuff at the school store. I've seen a few other folks in his gear, and some of Brock's family in #51.

My Stanford sweat shirt cost $25 in the summer of 1987. I needed it for an outdoor concert (remembering the Twain quotation). It was the cheapest one in their store. I still wear it as sleep wear in cold weather. I won't bother to look up 2024 equivalent.

But then that was Stanford. There was a Rolls Royce in the parking lot for my dorm.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed May 22, 2024 6:28 am

i77cat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:26 am
I have confidence in wftc. Dude said 5/15. It probably happened already and just isn't public.
Good things come to those who wait.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed May 22, 2024 7:32 am

Sometimes. And sometimes you just wait. Got a new prediction? Did ol' 5/15 land elsewhere or is he still in play?

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed May 22, 2024 8:54 am

Says wftc, “My optimism you cannot rob.
Here blooms hope for the son of Bob.
He’s found just the right lad
Via a ‘Shooter!’ wanted ad.
Now it’s back to my busy new job!”

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed May 22, 2024 9:52 am

Acorn wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:54 am
Says wftc, “My optimism you cannot rob.
Here blooms hope for the son of Bob.
He’s found just the right lad
Via a ‘Shooter!’ wanted ad.
Now it’s back to my busy new job!”
Good.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:38 am

Acorn wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:39 pm
i77cat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:29 pm
bostoncat wrote:
Acorn wrote:
bostoncat wrote:
https://athletesthread.com/products/dav ... ica-jersey

Time to get a Sutphin jersey!
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:39 am

stevelee wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:38 pm
i77cat wrote:
I bought a Durkin hoodie. I don't know that the price was out of line with at least some stuff at the school store. I've seen a few other folks in his gear, and some of Brock's family in #51.

My Stanford sweat shirt cost $25 in the summer of 1987. I needed it for an outdoor concert (remembering the Twain quotation). It was the cheapest one in their store. I still wear it as sleep wear in cold weather. I won't bother to look up 2024 equivalent.

But then that was Stanford. There was a Rolls Royce in the parking lot for my dorm.

The gear in the bookstore has become ridiculously overpriced. The golf shirts run like $125.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed May 22, 2024 12:54 pm

Wildcat92 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:39 am
stevelee wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:38 pm
i77cat wrote:

The gear in the bookstore has become ridiculously overpriced. The golf shirts run like $125.
Overpriced items are everywhere. Just go into the grocery store.

otherwildcat

Post by otherwildcat » Thu May 23, 2024 6:48 am

Lost in all of the NIL dollars is the academic side. A schoool like Davidson most likely wont accept all of a transfers credits from a state institution. There is no equivalent to Softball 101, Recreation 102, etc
Shulga is going back to VCU, rumor, many of the credits dont transfer to Villanova

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Thu May 23, 2024 8:46 am

IIRC he spent more time at Utah State than VCU.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 23, 2024 9:00 am

otherwildcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 6:48 am
Lost in all of the NIL dollars is the academic side. A schoool like Davidson most likely wont accept all of a transfers credits from a state institution. There is no equivalent to Softball 101, Recreation 102, etc
Shulga is going back to VCU, rumor, many of the credits dont transfer to Villanova
I believe when Caleb Love tried to transfer to Michigan, they wouldn’t take many of his credits, but apparently Arizona would.

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Thu May 23, 2024 10:31 am

Grant Huffman's minutes just went down.

From the Vanderbilt Hustler: (Is it really called that? It's their student paper, but to me it sounds like the Vanderbilt edition of "Hustler")

Men’s Basketball: Michigan State point guard AJ Hoggard commits to Vanderbilt
Hoggard marks the Commodores’ tenth transfer this offseason, as they officially round out their 2024-25 roster

MAY 18, 2024

Head coach Mark Byington and Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball’s rapid-fire offseason has finally concluded, as former Michigan State point guard AJ Hoggard announced his commitment on a livestream with The Field of 68.

Hoggard, a graduate transfer, will spend his final season of eligibility with the Commodores. The Coatesville, Pa. native had been a staple in the Spartans’ lineup throughout the past two seasons, as he started all but one of a possible 66 games between 2022-24 for head coach Tom Izzo and Co. He chose Vanderbilt because he felt it would be the best place to call home for his final year in college.

“For me, the biggest thing was definitely the fit,” Hoggard said. “I got one more shot at this. I want to give myself the best opportunity to capture my dreams.”

Beyond his experience, the 6’4″ point guard brings a lot to the table for the Black and Gold. His pedigree as a facilitator is already well-established: Hoggard has averaged 5.6 and 5.2 assists per game over the past two seasons, respectively. His 3-point shooting has improved throughout his entire career, rocketing from 16.7% as a freshman to a career-high 34.7% last season.

More than anything else, though, Hoggard is a winner. In four years with Michigan State, he helped lead the team to two second-round appearances, as well as a Sweet Sixteen appearance, in the NCAA Tournament. Hoggard averaged 19 points and 5 rebounds during the Spartans’ Sweet Sixteen run in the 2022-23 season. His winning spirit and experience will be more than welcome as Byington faces the daunting task of rebuilding Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball in the wake of Jerry Stackhouse’s departure.

Hoggard knows he’s come a long way but also knows there’s always room to grow.

“I just think being consistent in all aspects, continue getting better, continue shooting the ball better,” Hoggard said. “Definitely just being consistent would be a big thing for me.”

It won't be the first time Grant has seen him. But he won't want to assassinate him, like he might (or at least I might) if he saw Joey Hauser.