Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Cat Forever

Re: Steph update

Post by Cat Forever » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:00 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:46 am
130M for 3 years of Klay? He's not that guy.
Monte Poole, long-time reporter covering the Warriors with inside sources, says the Warriors have offered Klay $48 million for 2 years. He declined.

Poole also says the Warriors owners have let it be known that neither Klay or Draymond are likely to be traded without Steph's approval. That's really not fair to Steph IMO.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:35 am

Reading their articles and listening to reporters who have good information like Monte Poole, Adrian Wojnarowski, and Shams Charania ... it looks like Klay and Draymond are not going anywhere unless Klay becomes a free agent and leaves at the end of the season. If Steph does have veto power, there is no way he will agree to them leaving against their wishes. If Wiggins really has revived his game in some miraculous way this week, it's likely he will help the Warriors more than anyone they could get in return for his trade now.

I really hope the Warriors won't trade Moody. He can be a star. He just needs playing time. Seeing what has happened with more playing time for Kuminga ... maybe Kerr will apply that lesson to Moody. Podziemski and Jackson-Davis are good players too and need more playing time. Kerr needs to leave sentimentality out of his decisions on who plays and how much they play. Developing the young players now may be the difference between wasting Steph's prime years (still) and having a competitive team as Steph finishes his career. And that is my main concern.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:23 am

Kuminga a star again. Given 37 minutes and he was the best player on the floor ... by far. Podz and Draymond were very good too. They led the Warriors to a win when Steph was off his game a little bit.

Kuminga definitely is the 2nd best Warrior now and can help Steph win a championship in the very near future. So can Moody and Podz. Possibly Jackson-Davis too, but we won't know until Kerr gives him some playing time. Play them all with that goal in mind.

If Draymond can manage to behave himself he can help the team. I have no confidence he can.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:17 pm

Middle of the 4th, W's up by 8, Steph trying to lock it down for his team and:

5:55 Jacob Gilyard blocks Stephen Curry 's 10-foot two point shot

I'm guessing Jacob broke out the "too short" taunt after this. Also he made 5 3's to Steph's 4.

I'll still take Steph. At least Gilyard has the good sense to go with jersey #0.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:31 am

Last night was a very loud wake up call for Kerr, GM, and owners. They are wasting the prime years of one of the top 10 players in the history of basketball. Get him a little help. Use the talent that's already on the roster correctly. Forget nostalgia and manage the team.

In OT last night Kerr was terrible, just terrible. He played 4 guards with Draymond. Looked like Rupp's Runts from 1966! The Hawks out rebounded them 8-1 in OT and scored easily at the rim blowing the Warriors off the court in spite of #30's efforts. Rebounders Looney and Jackson-Davis stayed glued to the bench as Kerr was oblivious to what was happening. He needs to either answer this loud wake-up call or retire (get fired) immediately. Have Chris Mullin takeover as at least interim coach ... he's there and available and knows more basketball than Kerr or anyone in their management.

Meanwhile, Klay shot the Warriors out of the game ... again.

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:26 am

How times change. Last night:

Curry 60
Patty Mills 0
"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:58 am

Should be a wake-up call, but it won't be. Kerr doesn't know he's asleep and management doesn't seem to care. Kerr is who he is. He will not change. He is certain that you don't need tall people. He didn't learn it mismanaging the national team, he's not going to suddenly figure it out now. Now is probably a good time to ignore the Warriors. They don't seem interested in excellence. The odds of clawing back to .500 are dwindling rapidly.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:00 am

At least Steph gets to put up crazy numbers. And he'll get to end his season nice and early.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:50 am

I won't be able to ignore any team Steph plays for ... If the Warriors had the best coach ever they would not win a championship this year. But they probably would make the playoffs and get playoff experience for their young players which would help them become a contender sooner. That's all. It's all about Steph for me. He was in agony at the end of that game last night.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:45 pm

Agreed on Steph. I wouldn't be following any NBA action if it wasn't for him. Warriors had a nice run. It looks as if it's over for them. As much as I love Sreph, though, I can't bear to see him just putting up numbers on a losing (non-playoff contending) team.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:49 pm

I'm happy for Steph to get numbers. And to be rested for the Olympics. As long as he stays committed to Klay, he's helping to make the situation hopeless. Or at least sub-optimal. Whatever you call it, it's close to unwatchable.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:02 pm

I'm no fan of the Olympics. I'm old enough to remember when most Olympic athletes at least pretended to be amateurs.
I hope Steph doesn't get injured there.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm

I'd rather Steph get a gold medal that another NBA title. I probably won't watch, but it'll be a nice thing to add to his trophy case.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:33 am

Steph played his average game last night ... that is, he was OUTSTANDING!

Kuminga played all star caliber again too. 28/10/3 in 33 minutes.

Podziemski led team in rebounding for 2nd game in a row with 11 in each game. Averaging 5.7/game this year which is 3rd on the team behind Looney and Draymond and 6.5/game last 10 games. Pretty good at 6'4" and only 25 mpg. Also a very good defender. He is a keeper!

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 pm

Just watched the clip of Klay in the locker room after the game, having been benched for the final 6 minutes. Hard to watch.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx